Thursday, October 16, 2008

La Nuit Américaine

Tonight in International Film we watched La Nuit Américaine, aka Day For Night. Pretty much it was an AMAZING movie! The basic plot is a production crew and staff working on a film and the relationships and crazyness that goes on between the characters in the "film", the actors and the crew members. But seriously, so amazing. The best quote EVER came from this movie and was quoted by the director's assistant (who was a female):
"I'd leave a man for a film but I wouldn't leave a film for a man."

Hahaha....yes, so true. Tomorrow night I'm going to Portland on a little field trip with other people from International Film to watch a bunch of French short films. It will be quite the experiance! And as Matt said in the email "The refreshments at intermission may include wine. Your glass won't"

Well, I need to head off to bed soon since I got a grand total of 2 hours of sleep last night! Went to bed at 5am and woke up at 7am because of a lovely paper I had to write for [you'll never guess...] International Film! But for the paper, I watched this music video by My Chemical Romance that I've seen a few times before. But watching it again was just amazing for me because I've discovered that I really loved the 30s and 40s even though there was the Great Depression and WWII. I'm posting the video and you don't have to watch all of it but you should at least watch ~1:25-1:33. After you watch it you will know why :)


No comments: